December 12, 2008

Wedding CD's

Weddings can sometimes be really fun. One of the cool ideas I think that has been around for a few years are the wedding Cd's. But now, I am over it and here is why.

I was just talking to my colleague Christine who told me she was listening to a wedding CD and Motley Crue's "Without You" came on. Because without you I am nothing or as the song says, without you I will slowly wilt and die. ENOUGH!

We Belong, Without You, I Can't Live if living is without you! Shania Twain, Rascal Flatts, Celine Dion or Mariah Carey??!! Grow a pair people. We know you love each other. Aren't we here because of this? Do I need to have a copy of these ridiculous songs to make that evident? Aren't we watching your first dance to this against our will?

Make a CD that makes people remember how cool this wedding was. Not what some dude or chick who did not write the song for you! That is why Frank Zappa said he did not write ballads. So some schmuck would sit there and go, this is about me or about us. NO, IT IS NOT!

My wedding music was brilliant. How many weddings had KISS or Pat Boone singing Judas Priest? Throw in some Louis Prima, Sinatra. Damn, even some 50 cent who I can care less for. Songs that make people have a good time, not turning into a sappy love fest of swimming in your love ocean.

JUST STOP IT! Seriously, STOP IT!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

BRAVO!

Damen Dub said...

This is why I prefer honeymoon sex tapes to wedding CD's.

mitchrock's randomness said...

I'm all for a wedding dance mosh pit. Most people hate their families anyway. Why not fight it out in the pit. The sideliners can fling poo at them as well.